Re: Europa-List: Certificate of English Language proficiency

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Certificate of English Language proficiency
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:51:13

I've emailed the CAA for a copy of my records as the last flight examiner
couldn't
tell me what he had provided to the CAA. My CAA licence just says English!

I'm still waiting for a response - two weeks so far.

Alan

Sent from my iPad
 The CAA
On 14 Feb 2013, at 19:03, Bob Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Have just received my certificate of proficiency in the English language level
6. !

> Just a reminder to everyone in the UK who is currently converting their
> licence
to the the new pan European licence. Our now expired proficiency in English
was granted some years ago at the beginning of the new language assessment
scheme
as an automatic "gift" to all native Englishmen.  Under the new euro rules
we have to demonstrate our ability to speak English. Do not ignore this need.
It an absolute requirement to have a valid certificate when applying for the
new EASA licence. You can obtain a certificate following a successful Flight
test (remember to ask) or RT test, or accredited Language school or CAA approved
circumstance.

> Will send off the paperwork tonight. All being well should then get a shiny
> new
Euro licence. That ought to let me fly EASA and non - EASA annex ii aircraft
like the Europa.

> Of course we can fly the Europa on the new LAPL as well, but for the me the
> EASA
has more privileges and costs much less. But the rate varies significantly
dependant on each individual case. There are pro and cons to EASA and LAPL
licence
variants