Europa-List: Garmin GPS, Dynon HS34 and SL30 connections.

Subject: Europa-List: Garmin GPS, Dynon HS34 and SL30 connections.
From: John Wighton <john@wighton.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 02:51:27

Hello,

I am hard wiring a Garmin  795 into my Europa.  The bare wire kit allows
connections
to my Sl30 and Dynon kit. However, the audio connections are puzzling me.
There are 3 wires, L, R and common.

My original plan was to wire these to an existing audio socket (aux for music
etc).
Garmin said use the L and R wires only connecting to the 2terminals on the
audio plug. The first attempt produced massive interference and a constant
series
of clicks but l had not used screened wire.

Can anyone please confirm how to make this (simple!) connection? What is the
audio
common for?

Foe data connections, the 795 Tx connects to the SL30 Rx for VHF freq preselect.
The GPS Tx goes to the Rx1 HS34.  I also connect the SL30 to the HS34 Rx2.

How can l connect the Tx HS34 to the SL30 as the only Rx terminal is already
used?

Is it possible to piggy back 2 inputs to the SL30?

Regards
JW

--------
John Wighton