Re: Europa-List: Re: Pitot Static

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Pitot Static
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:39:28
Paul,
I always put the standard pitot / static on my aircraft.  It hooks to
the normal A/S and Altimeter.  The Dynon probe is added to the other
wing normally and feeds the Dynon pitot/aoa.  I make a 5 inch access
hole and build in a flange then mount the probe and its Gretz mount to
the wing about 10 inches back from the leading edge as that is what
Dynon recommends I believe for its AOA function.  Should icing be a
consideration, I mount a cockpit static valve to use the cockpit air
which is accurate to about 2 knots and 50 feet at all speeds and
altitudes to 10,000 ft.

Do not mount the Dynon where the standard pitot is.

Regards,
Bud