Re: Europa-List: Outriggers lenght

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Outriggers lenght
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:18:14
Michel,
The manual states between 310-312 mm is the length from metal to metal
Page 9M-12, but.....
Kevin and others have trimmed theirs based on many factors...
No two airplanes are the same empty weight and vary their tires from 7-8
inch so distances vary.
I have no comment from the factory but I have seen empty on a new build
with 7 inch tire 1/2 inch to 1 inch.
I personally set up Joe Like's to full of fuel at 0 inch.
Jim Brown's is just clear of touching at full fuel no passengers.
Others who are competent glider pilots prefer them short to prevent them
---From digging in.
Others use them as training wheels to prevent rocking and they flex
quite a bit.

Keep the stick back,

Bud Yerly
Europa Tech Advisor