Re: Europa-List: Door Seal

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Door Seal
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:56:21
Jim,
Everyone is happy with just whacking it in.  Yes, chamfer the edge of
the frame so the bead goes on easier, but don't flox it in or glue it.
If the bead is really hard to get started over the flange, take a wedge,
cold chisel, or big screwdriver and open it up a bit, push it on to
start it spreading, then whack it.  I use a black rubber mallet of 2
inch diameter face and tap away.

I'm looking forward to seeing you get airborne.  You look like you are
really close.

Bud