Europa-List: Tacho Wiring?

Subject: Europa-List: Tacho Wiring?
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:20:36

Just a quick question - is it considered acceptable for the electric tacho wires
to pass through the firewall via the multipin plug/ socket connector that I
have all the other low current things going through (oil press/ temp, starter
solenoid control wire etc etc) or are the tacho wires subject to interference
and should thus be routed separately?  Also is it advisable for these wires to
be shielded or just plain?  I'm not talking about the ignition (P) leads, I have
those shielded and separate, just the tacho.
Many Thanks, Jon

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono