Re: Europa-List: Wiring Note

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wiring Note
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:11:41
Ron and Fred and others:
It has been my experience that twisted pairs and all power wires be
separated from com wiring.  My basic plan is always to put power down
the passenger side and com signal down the pilot side.  No short cuts
and believe it or not I have been lucky for years now.  Behind the panel
I even go to the extent of not allowing a power bundle and ground pairs
to pass within inches of the back of the radio or intercom.  All it
takes is one bad apple appliance to cause trouble.  I had Homer Bakers
panel in rebuild and I ended up shielding everything just for sport.
The noise was coming from the engine sensor leads going to the Blue
Mountain, acting as an antenna from the voltage regulator of the
computer.  Go figure.  Following this simple technique of separation and
clearance has allowed me to be trouble free in my panel noise.

Good job of sticking to it and tracking down Ron.

Bud Yerly