Re: Europa-List: propeller shaft alignment w/ cowl

Subject: Re: Europa-List: propeller shaft alignment w/ cowl
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:22:27
Fred,
When doing the landing gear frame mods, I had trouble getting the
spinner to align with the cowl on two aircraft and I fudged the
elevations of the engine a bit to make it look pretty (well better).  No
difference in anything I could feel flying.  I think the farthest off
was my own at about 1 degree off vertical, but when laying the level
across the head bolt studs it was within .2 or .3.  I think my digital
level is not as accurate in the vertical mode.

For what it's worth.  We measure with a micrometer, mark with a grease
pencil and cut it with a hack saw and grind to fit.  There will be
variances.

Bud