Europa-List: Prop advice fixed pitch - Warpdrive or Arplast ?

Subject: Europa-List: Prop advice fixed pitch - Warpdrive or Arplast ?
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:19:05
Jean Paul,
I do not know about performances but the Arplast blades are more
flexible and therefore should run smoother than the Warp Drive. Arplast
blades leading edge is unprotected and will erode when flying in rain.
The first thing to do is to check with your GSAC if they would approve
the use of Arplast. I believe they would ask you to prove that it is
approved by the kit manufacturer. As the only prop approved by the
Europa factory is the Warp Drive or the Airmaster with Warp Drive
blades, I am afraid you may be in trouble.
Desol=E9 de t'avoir rat=E9 =E0 Vichy!
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

- purchase new blades from Warpdrive (cheap and straightforward)
- replace with an Arplast Ecoprop. From misc readings it looks better
designed
than the Warpdrive, question being if the extra performance worths the
extra cost.