Europa-List: Prop advice fixed pitch - Warpdrive or Arplast ?

Subject: Europa-List: Prop advice fixed pitch - Warpdrive or Arplast ?
From: jpg12305 <jpg.comm@laposte.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:47:47

My current prop is the standard 3 blade Warpdrive, but unfortunately shortened
in its early life due to a ground encounter.
Diameter is reduced to about 58", which (I assume) reduces significantly as well
its efficiency.
In order to revert to proper performance I am considering the current
alternative
(VP not being an option due to cost and weight) :
- purchase new blades from Warpdrive (cheap and straightforward)
- replace with an Arplast Ecoprop. From misc readings it looks better designed
than the Warpdrive, question being if the extra performance worths the extra
cost.

Engine is a 912ULS.
Has anyone gone through such change ?

Jean-Paul