Re: Europa-List: Re: Seat Backs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Seat Backs
From: Laptop JR <jrgowing@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 07:43:25
Dear All

As another idea -

I modelled a seat by laying 4 plies of bid over a cheap plastic chair
with good back support as used in public buildings.

To support the back I cut a pair of slots on the bend between seat and
back to accept a supporting strap from the seat belt attachment bolt -
this also allows adjustment for tilting the seat.

The front of seat is supported by 2 sprung shoot bolts which latch
sideways into an array of holes in a diamond shaped piece of 3/8 ply,
and attached at each side of the front edge of the "seat".

I have not yet sat in it for hours to try it!

JR (Bob) Gowing UK Kit 327 in Oz
  ----- Original Message ----- From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com