Re: Europa-List: Finishing and Painting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Finishing and Painting
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:33:52

Ira,  Sorry, I thought my gel coat reply was going to Brian rather than the
group, but since it has raised the point of weight it may be worth saying a
bit more:
           Just under 16 kg of gel coat was used on my plane, but then I
sanded much of that off, I guess at least a half, possibly two thirds. Do
you or does anyone have the weight of materials put on with more
conventional systems if you tot up undercoats, U/V coats and top coat? My
914/VPprop/fullpanel/Navaid/lined and upholstered mono grossed at a weight
which puts it towards the bottom of the 914 weights recorded in the Europa
Club list so it presumably wasn't a significant penalty, if any at all.
Regards, David G-XSDJ