Re: GOLDWING AVIATION

Subject: Re: GOLDWING AVIATION
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 21:40:50
In following this thread from here on the U.S.
side of the big pond, where the are minumim
requirements for light output, I'm curious what
the sitution is elsewhere.  In the U.S., you need
at least 400 candles, which means basically the
Whelen's, and I whether any of the other stuff
they market over here to the experimental crowd
are anywhere near that.

On my other plane I have the old 100 candle
double-flash Whelen's (still legal on it), but
they're kind of marginal.  The quadruple-flash
puppies Whelen sells now (Comet Flash) do make a
big difference in perceived visibility, based upon
my night flying and sky-gazing.

What does the UK require?

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063