TP6 -Reply

Subject: TP6 -Reply
From: MARK CLARK <CLAM@kidd.Co.Za>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:33:14

--=_3A6DD22A.D8B9D053

On 24/February/1999 05:40am James Thursby wrote.
Has the idea of putting a small spot weld in a couple of places on each
tube
been explored? Our local welder says he can weld through the nickel
plating
on the tube to the stainless TP12's. Even if you needed to service it, you
could grind the welds off since it never came apart easily anyway! Any
thoughts, comments?

I will use the loctite. Did a test by" loctiting" a cap on the end of 19 mm Al
tube and pressurised with liquid.
At 21 MPa (3045 PSI) the tube burst ...... ! Contact area was 1 D.
Loctite 638 was used for the test.
Mark #285

M C CLARK
--=_3A6DD22A.D8B9D053

Has the idea of putting a small spot weld in a couple of places on each tube
been explored? Our local welder says he can weld through the nickel plating
on the tube to the stainless TP12's. Even if you needed to service it, you
could grind the welds off since it never came apart easily anyway! Any
thoughts, comments?

              Jim Thursby
                N814AT

--=_3A6DD22A.D8B9D053--