Re: Work Bench Requirements, etc.

Subject: Re: Work Bench Requirements, etc.
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:14:25
Keith,

An 8' x 2'6" table will be needed for the flaps and ailerons. If it is
not super flat, you can use a long straight edge on the foam blocks and
shim carefully where required. Tack the shims with hot melt glue.

For the XS wings, trestles work well. I have been using a pair of saw
trestles from an earlier house building era which have worked out very
nicely. They are 32" high x 44" wide. I have wrapped the tops with some
thick old carpet which prevents damage to the surfaces. With these
trestles, the wings can be worked on flat or on edge and can be easily
rolled over with the spar tang resting at one end.

Cheers,

John, A099, North Carolina