Re: JFF Message content

Subject: Re: JFF Message content
From: Eric Evers <evers@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 01:51:40

>All right, Eric, we all know they speak better English North of the
>border and we'll put <

> and <

> down to a slip
>of the finger................
Absolutely!     If Eudora had a spell checker I'd use it.  Don't blame
Scotland  though  I'm an incomer, albeit of >28 years standing.

OK so the next one is a funny:
I recently followed a driving school car (in Scotland) with a large sign  on
the back:
                        BEWARE  OF
                SUDDEN BREAKING

Probably a very fragile vehicle!

>                What was that about glass houses ??
                                      Residents shouldn't stow thrones!

>        73 de Martin
>                9Y4TAM
>
>(Are we straying from aviation, by chance ?)
Not much;  pilots and builders thrive (and survive)  on paranoid attention
to details.
There wasn't much else being said today and it  is frustrating to spend a
phone call to receive nothing. (This CAN happen if you are NOT subscribed to
the Flyer net.)
Maybe we need to have a code system of prefixes for the  'Subject'  line to
indicate the type of content so that 'sorting by subject ' would simplify
the malibox clean-up operation.
For example:
NTS     -       No Technical Significance
JFF      -       Just For Fun
TIS       -       Tremendously Important  Stuff
RLR    -        Right Load of Rubbish

Any suggestions?

PS for CP:  I hope you  prefeRRed  the funny.
Eric Evers
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Ham: GM0 BVK